So can we upgrade?
Yes and No is the correct answer.
It is a question that comes up every time. And it is quite understandable. Setting up your system the way you like it, takes time. It’s fun but time-consuming.
That is why ArchMerge is packed with everything we need out of the box. Setting your ArchMerge up is quite minimal in time. But still.
If you use an external harddisk and/or cloud services like dropbox, google drive and others, your files will just be there or will be downloaded. That is also a way I minimize the loss of time.
Here you can read that ArchMerge 6.2.1 made it a priority to make ArchMerge more and more rolling.
Our advice is clear.
Do a clean install of 6.2.1 and you will get a rolling release in a matter of a few minutes.
But what if you do not
want to reinstall ArchMerge.
We have no script for you.
Instead we give you knowledge about the following topics
- what parts will never be on 6.1.1 after this video
- pksyua to update the complete system
- fixing the termite config – not able to scroll up
- we can delete vivaldi-ffmpeg-codecs
- we check all the rolling release packages named archmerge-*
- we explain how the iso is build
- archmerge-conky-collection is discussed – solve the errors – /etc/skel
- working with open folder as root
- restarting thunar when error occurs
- compare two folders with meld to see the differences
- caveat – openbox folder has not been copied to the home folder in the video
- using pamac to investigate the archmerge repository packages
- we will delete a lot of folders/files to get archmerge-iso-skel in
- at the end we do get the new openbox folder when copy/pasting everything from .config
- we compare the newest bashrc with your bashrc with meld
How to fix this error message : no space left on device
mount -o remount,size=4G,noatime /tmp
- xfpanel-switch is a new application
- Your original panel will be set in autohide afterwards – fixing that
- halo icons install
- adapta theme is installed
- conkyzen in right mouse click – we need to log off to see it work
- printer support gtk3-print-backends should pop up – did not find it in the video
- we change the release version from 6.1.1 to 6.2.1
UPGRADING FROM 6.2 to 6.3
IS GOING TO BE MUCH LESS WORK
SINCE MOST OF OUR SYSTEM IS ROLLING
WHY THIS VIDEO
- Great experiment for me. Are we rolling ?
- Share the knowledge about iso building
- New applications
- Fixing errors along the way (was not intended)
- Highlighting the ‘new stuff’
- Work flow explained like meld
- Work flow to be rolling /etc/skel
- deleting stuff we no longer need